Monday 22 October 2012

What's going on these days...

Oh boy.  I am sick.  I have had a temperature hovering around 100 degrees for the last three days (and possibly the day before that).  After sitting on my ass for about 72 hours, I'm finally starting to feel like a person again.  This means I should do stuff.

My studio has been making incremental progress.  I met with an electrician on Thursday, and he says he can get the kiln wired up properly pretty easily (for 1/6 of what it was going to cost to wire up my previous space).  I am just waiting on the homeowner, now; she has other electrical work she wants done, so she was going to contact him directly to talk about that.

I spoke today with the son-in-law of one of my coworkers, who is a contractor/carpenter type person, and he's going to help me make my wedging table soon - maybe within the next week or two.  I am looking forward to recycling clay properly on plaster; this canvas covered board thing that I have right now is not working that well for me.

Another task is finally selling this tabletop wheel that is sitting uselessly in my studio.  Anyone know someone who wants one?  It's two-speed, quite durable, heavy and in great condition.

Anyway, I've been getting to work on kickstarter rewards - 11 shot classes, 2 mugs, 1 stein, and 1 bowl in various stages of completion at the moment.  Once we get the kiln plugged in and I order a vent and get that going, it should be underway - hopefully by the end of the month, although that's frighteningly close at this point.  I want to post some pictures of what I've been doing, but iPhoto is being weird and not recognizing my phone at the moment.  Back when I figure that out.

-Lorraine

No comments: